The New Era of Manufacturing reference material
7th September Webinar information
This webinar is directed to students and parents from Central Coast Schools to build an understanding of local industry capability and demand for young, skilled workforce. It will assist students to understand and develop the skills they need to get a job within this industry.
The webinar will commence with our Keynote speaker
Michael Sharpe from Advanced Manufacturing Growth Centre (AMGC ) discussing the future of manufacturing
Eric Desjardins from McConaghy Boats will discuss high technology boat building with a focus on design and process through innovation.
Graeme Sheekey from the Chamberlain Group) will discuss smart technology in manufacturing backed by continuous improvement
Dean Epps from Life Health Foods will talk about the innovative and entrepreneurial culture in the food industry.
Following these presentations there will be a moderated conversation with the panel members with discussion including:
- What are your looking for when you hire young people for your organisation and what are some of the key attributes you would like to see?
- Are there underpinning skills that are needed to work in your business?
- What do the jobs in manufacturing today and in the future look like and what roles could young people take on in the future?
- What does the future look like for jobs in manufacturing on the Central Coast?
TAFE NSW –
Industry Schools Progams
- Regional industry Education Partnerships(RIEP)
- Stem Industry School Partnerships(SISPs)
- Skillsroad virtual workplace (Enter and click on Manufacturing)
Teachers, would you like to engage with industry ? Send an email to email@example.com and we will endeavour to connect you to the right organisation.