Central Coast Industry Connect Ltd has joined a consortium of industry groups and business together with the University of Newcastle to bid for a Hydrogen Cluster in the Hunter region in 2020.The bidding process was spearheaded by National Energy Resources Australia (NERA) with a view to set up a national cluster covering the country.
The purpose of the national cluster is to establish global identity and a recognised brand for Australian hydrogen technology and expertise. It will also aid the development of the hydrogen supply chain, reduce overlaps and identify gaps in the development, deployment, and commercialisation of new hydrogen focused technologies.
On the 1st February 2021 it was announced that the Hunter Bid was successful.
Current Consortium members
- Hunter Business Chamber
- Ai Group
- The University of Newcastle
- The Newcastle Institute for Energy & Resources (NIER)
- NSW Energy & Resources Knowledge Hub
- Hunter Hydrogen Taskforce
- Committee for the Hunter
- Department of Regional NSW
- Engineers Australia Newcastle Branch
- Newcastle Branch of the Australian Institute of Energy
- Regional Development Orana
- Central Coast Industry Connect
- TAFE NSW
- Plus other contributors
- 5th May Local Food industry representatives visit Star Scientific to explore the potential of their HERO® product.
- NewH2- Hunter Hydrogen Technology Cluster May 2021 Newsletter
- 1st February NERA– Press release- Australian-wide network of game-changing hydrogen technology clusters unveiled.
- 1st February- Hunter Region Hydrogen Cluster Consortium -Press release- Hunter Region Hydrogen Technology Cluster successfully wins NERA bid
- 1st February -Central Coast Industry Connect – Central Coast part of the Hunter Region Technology Cluster which was successful in winning NERA bid
NewH2 Hydrogen Forum- 25th June(AM) Save the date.
Skills and Regulations Forum 29th July(PM) Save the Date